An API is useless if nobody knows about it. Evangelism has emerged as the approach to selling, marketing and support an API platform. While the intent of evangelism can be sales and marketing, the philosphy that has proved successful is to find a balance that is more about focusing on API support and egagement with consumers over sales.
A healthy API evangelism strategy brings together a mix of business, marketing, sales and technology disciplines into a new approach to doing business.
A healthy API evangelism strategy will be something that is owned partially by all departments in a company. IT was a silo, APIs are about interoperability internally and externally.
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Evolving your hierarchy of developer needs: when things go wrong
- Using Github for Developer Marketing and Growth Hacking
- Non Coder in the Developer Community
- Some Advice For The Enterprise When Beginning Your API Journey
- An API Evangelism Strategy To Map The Global Family Tree
- What I Have Been Calling API Trends, Are Slowly Being Baked Into API Operations
- Sorry Google, Your Programming Test Is Not A Valid Measurement Of My Skills
- Publishing Your APIs To Product Hunt
- From Startup to Rapid Growth: How SendGrid Scaled Their Developer Evangelist Strategy as They Reached Critical Mass
- Developer Evangelists FAQ
- Reclaim Your Domain LA Hackathon Wrap-up
- Tips and Tricks for a Beginner Developer Evangelist (Part 2)
- It Takes A Team Of Evangelists To Raise An API
- Chief Data Officer Needs To Make The Department Of Commerce Developer Portal The Center Of API Economy
- Financial Data Aggregator Yodlee Looking For A Director of Developer Evangelism
- A Survival Guide on Developer Evangelism
- Evolving How We Approach The API Lifecycle With APIMatic
- Smallest Federated Wiki Blueprint Evangelism
- Introducing Portfolios: Tell the Story Behind Your Code
- What is a Developer Evangelist?
- Developer Experience (DX) is Key to a Successful API
- Introducing Developer Evangelist Ricky Robinett: Unlocking The World of Possiblities Through Marvel’s Age of Apocalypse
- API Evangelism is Equal Parts Internal, Partner and Public Outreach
- Developing the Recurly Integrator Community
- Remembering Why This Whole API Thing Is Working - APIDays Berlin