An API is useless if nobody knows about it. Evangelism has emerged as the approach to selling, marketing and support an API platform. While the intent of evangelism can be sales and marketing, the philosphy that has proved successful is to find a balance that is more about focusing on API support and egagement with consumers over sales.
A healthy API evangelism strategy brings together a mix of business, marketing, sales and technology disciplines into a new approach to doing business.
A healthy API evangelism strategy will be something that is owned partially by all departments in a company. IT was a silo, APIs are about interoperability internally and externally.
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Introducing Portfolios: Tell the Story Behind Your Code
- What is a Developer Evangelist?
- Developer Experience (DX) is Key to a Successful API
- Introducing Developer Evangelist Ricky Robinett: Unlocking The World of Possiblities Through Marvel’s Age of Apocalypse
- Developing the Recurly Integrator Community
- Interesting Example of Social Page Over At Cisco
- Some Of The Best Discoveries Can Be Found Amongst Twitter Followers
- API Talent Agencies
- I Have A Valuable API Resource, What Now?
- API Evangelism Strategy: Landscape Analysis
- API Evangelism Strategy: Blogging
- API Evangelism Strategy: Developer Outreach
- Landscape Targeting: Payment APIs
- API Evangelism Strategy: Goals
- The Language of Talking to Developers: The Importance of Outcome-Based Segmentation | VisionMobile
- How to Find Evangelists in Your Audience
- Pick Your Head Up Regularly, Heads Down is Good, But Being Aware Cannot Be Ignored
- From Github Issue To Story to Resource
- Five Essential Steps for Executing an Effective API Strategy
- Practicing Developer Communications: Share Knowledge, Not Features
- What Does a Developer Evangelist Do?
- Explained: The actual difference between growth hacking and marketing
- How Much Do You Spend Attracting and Supporting Freemium API Developers?
- Evolving Beyond API Service Providers and Tools to Goal Based API Toolkits
- Platform success strategies: Communicate the value of your API